美味人生:美式餐廳(American Diners)

2020年2月     

在美國過中國新年,也許是個好機會,一家人,或者和朋友,去美國餐廳吃頓飯,享受一下輕鬆的團聚。美國餐廳繁多,各式各樣的都有。一般的快餐有分:自助餐廳(Cafeteria)、咖啡室(Coffee Shop或Café)、三明治店(Delicatessen)、外賣店(Take Out Shop)等等。
正式傳統的美式餐廳(American Diners)很有特色,室内佈置設有雅座(Booth)和櫃台(Bar)。菜單上分早餐(Breakfast)、午餐(Lunch)和晚餐(Dinner)。週末(Weekend)還有早午餐(Brunch)──就是遲吃的早餐,用以代替午餐。美國人很喜歡在主日崇拜後去吃一頓Brunch,當成家庭聚會。一家人一起吃喝,享受天倫之樂。
去美式餐廳點些什麼吃呢?以下為大家提供一些對話和提議,希望鼓勵大家去嚐嚐美式食品。

早餐(Breakfast)

Waiter: Are you ready to order, Sir?
侍應生:先生,可以點了嗎?

Customer: Yes, I would like to order a Breakfast Special.
顧客:是的,我想點一個特價早餐。

Waiter: How many eggs would you like, Sir?
侍應生:先生,請問要多少個雞蛋?

Customer: Two, please.
顧客:兩個,謝謝。

Waiter: How would you like your eggs? Boiled, Sunny-side up, over, or scrambled?
侍應生: 請問您的雞蛋要怎樣煮?水裡煮、荷包蛋一面煎、兩面煎,還是要炒蛋?

Customer: Sunny-side up, please.
顧客:荷包蛋一面煎,謝謝。

Waiter: Sausage or Bacon?
侍應生:要香腸還是燻肉?

Customer: I would like sausages, please.
顧客:我想要香腸,謝謝。

Waiter: Would you like to add some pancakes or waffles to your breakfast?
侍應生:請問這份早餐要加薄煎餅或奶蛋格子餅嗎?

Customer: Oh, that’s very tempting! Okay, add pancakes with maple syrup.
顧客:嗯,好吸引哦!好吧,加一份薄煎餅和楓葉糖漿。

Waiter: Yes sir. Orange juice is included. Would you like coffee or hot tea?
侍應生: 是的,先生。這包括了橘子汁。請問您要咖啡或紅茶?

Customer: Coffee, please. Decaf.
顧客:咖啡吧。去除咖啡因的那種。

Waiter: Sure, thank you, Sir.
侍應生:好,謝謝您,先生。

晚餐(Dinner)
Waiter: Good evening, Madam. I would like to recommend our special pizza choices.
侍應生:晚安,太太。我想向您介紹我們特別的意大利薄餅選擇。

Customer: Yes, please go ahead.
顧客:好,說說看。

Waiter: Our chef has prepared special Salmon pizza and Vegetarian pizza.
侍應生:我們的廚師準備了特別的鮭魚薄餅和素食薄餅。

Customer: I don’t like Salmon. How about your regular choices?
顧客:我不太喜歡鮭魚。一般的選擇有哪些?

Waiter: Very well, Madam. Our Super pizza is very popular, so is the Hawaiian.
侍應生:是的,太太。我們的超級薄餅很受歡迎,還有夏威夷薄餅。

Customer: What is in the Hawaiian pizza?
顧客:夏威夷薄餅裡有什麼?

Waiter: Canadian Ham and Pineapple, Madam.
侍應生:加拿大火腿和鳳梨,太太。

Customer: Can you add extra toppings?
顧客:你可以額外加佐料嗎?

Waiter: Sure, Madam, what would you like?
侍應生:當然可以,太太,您要什麼?

Customer: How about adding pepperoni, mushroom and olives?
顧客:你認為加些義大利辣味香腸、蘑菇和橄欖怎樣?

Waiter: That sounds great, Madam. What would you like to drink?
侍應生:很好的主意,太太。請問您想喝點什麼?

Customer: What kind of soda do you have?
顧客:你們有哪幾種汽水?

Waiter: We have Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite and Fanta.
侍應生:我們有可樂、減肥可樂、雪碧和芬達。

Customer: Give me a Diet Coke, please.
顧客:給我一個減肥可樂吧,謝謝。

Waiter: No problem. Is there anything else I can get you?
侍應生:沒問題。您還要點什麼嗎?

Customer: Not for now. Maybe some dessert later.
顧客:暫時不要了。可能一會兒要點甜品。