Bible verse of the Month 本月金句
“Do not withhold good from those to whom it is due, when it is in your power to act.” (Proverbs 3:27)
Meaning: go through good and bad times together
Wendy: Candy, I really have to thank you for all your help through these difficult days. Without your support and encouragement, I would not have survived.
Candy: Don’t mention it! You suddenly became jobless because your company has closed down without warning. This is very unfortunate to you! Helping you is what a friend should do.
Wendy: You’re really my best friend and always stick with me through thick and thin!
1) What is the verb of the word “encouragement” in the text?
文中 “encouragement” 一字的動詞是甚麼?
To en _ _ _ _ _ _ _
2) Which of the following means “jobless” ?
a) busy in the job
b) without a job
c) hate the job
d) want to change the job
3) What is the opposite of the word “unfortunate”?
for_ _ _ _ _ _
4) When was the last time you helped somebody? What was it about? 你上一次幫助別人是甚麼時候?關於甚麼事呢？
Answers to May issue:
2) 42.195 km
3) Personal Best
4) Examples are: swimming and weight-lifting